Next, they need to be harvested correctly; the right portion of the plant, the right stage of growth and time of season on a dry day. Then they need to be properly dried and stored. And lastly, they need to be fresh enough to still contain the delicate, aromatic oils that give most plants their potent healing powers.
- Place herbs into a tea pot, Mason jar or coffee mug: (use about 1 teaspoon of DRIED herbs or about 1 Tablespoon of FRESH herbs per cup of water, or to taste).
- Pour boiling water over the herbs.
- COVER IMMEDIATELY!
- Steep for 20 minutes.
- Place herbs in a glass, ceramic or stainless steel pot: (use about 1 teaspoon of DRIED herbs or about 1 Tablespoon of FRESH herbs per cup of water, or to taste).
- Add cold filtered water. Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a slow boil, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool to desired drinking temperature with the lid intact.
Did you find this article helpful? Would you like more detailed information about anything in particular? Is there anything you'd like to share? Let me know in the comments below.